Imagine the Possibilities
Resurrection Downtown began as a collection of individuals and in nine years has grown into a vibrant and diverse community residing in downtown Kansas City. God has made possible seemingly impossible things. As a result of this community’s extravagant generosity and faithfulness, we were able to build the first new church building in downtown KC in over 80 years. After just five months in this new space, we’ve seen dramatic growth everywhere from worship services to KiDSCOR, missions to small group life. It has been exciting! As we settle into our new space and adjust to our continuing growth, it is vital that we continue to pave the way for the future God has for us. God is calling us to band together in this new space to continue building Christian community in the heart of this city by doing whatever it takes to make possible a future filled with hope for generations to come.
Wendy, Freddy and I hope you’ll join us (along with this amazing group of volunteers) to imagine the possibilities and pave the way for the future of Resurrection Downtown.
Rev. Scott M. Chrostek
Executive Director of Regional Campuses
Resurrection Downtown launched. Average worship attendance = 187 adults.
Our average worship attendance approached 1,000 adults and more than 90 children enrolled in KiDSCOR. Our missions generosity doubled from the previous year, and our community life programming was at an all-time high.
Purchased and Renovated 1522 McGee (former Crosstown Station), and we moved to three worship services with an average attendance of 675 adults.
Opened our 2nd location at 1508 Grand. Moved to five worship services and an average attendance of 800 adults.
June 2–3, 2018
Grand Opening Weekend at the brand new 1601 Grand building with over 1,600 people in worship over 4 services.
Worship attendance is up on average over 20%.
Missions giving and participation has nearly doubled again.
Small Group participation has tripled (373 people enrolled in small groups).
KiDSCOR programming has seen the highest increase by nearly 60%.
We’ve launched Middle School Programming, a High School Small Group, and are starting Confirmation in February 2019.
Our Growing City
- The Downtown population is growing at an unprecedented rate, and this growth will continue in our immediate vicinity with an estimated 2,900 additional housing units coming to market in the next 18 months. That’s on top of the 4,331 that were added within the past two years.
- In 2019, Three Light residential tower is projected to break ground, the former Kansas City Star Office Building is undergoing a $90 million redevelopment, and Crossroads East is adding 334 units as a part of a $72 million development project.
- Since 2012, the Downtown streetcar has influenced the development of more than 40 projects, generating over $2.2 billion in investment. The Main St. extension line is scheduled to break ground in late 2019, spurring further investment in greater downtown.
Paving the Way from Here to There
Three years ago we felt God calling us to build the first new church in downtown Kansas City in over 80 years. Our hope was to alleviate our over-capacity services and make room for people to invite others in a downtown that was growing. We wanted to expand our children’s ministry, create space for the community to gather and deepen their connection with God and each other, as well as secure enough on-site parking to accommodate our projected growth. It’s humbling to reflect on how all of this has happened…
Growing from Here to There Requires the Whole Community
In order to live into God’s future possibilities, we must first complete the necessary things. We need to pave the way for the future by purchasing the south half of our parking lot (43,500 total sq. ft. at a cost of $2.1 million).
Two Things You Can Do:
- Consider continuing your previous sacrificial financial commitment for 2 more years.
- Become a new part of our future by considering your sacrificial gift over the next 24 months.
What are we asking of you?
We believe our best years are ahead of us! But it will require all of us pulling together. Please pray for vision and God’s guidance regarding the part you play in helping our community in Paving the Way forward.
Let us Pray Together DailyGod, grant me the vision to see the plans you have for your church, and the courage and boldness to pursue them fully. Amen.
Pray and/or meet with Pastor Scott
Return Estimate of Giving Card by March 2–3, 2019
In this sermon series, Pastor Scott Chrostek explores how to live a life that reaches beyond what we think is possible.
February 17: Building Community
February 24: Changing Lives
March 3: Doing Whatever it Takes